Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Sigh...my vacation is over...


I take January as my own personal little vacation. Not that I go anywhere or do anything that's extremely worthy of a month off. I still do the chores and think about cleaning the toilet (some day.) But I tend to put off anything that can be put off for an entire month...and while most people wouldn't consider the toilet one of those things, I've done my best!


The truth is, spring is lambing season, summer is the farmer's market, fall I'm busy spinning and coming to a desperate realization that I've not got enough product for the coming holiday season. And December? Well, it's just downright crazy. So when January rolls around, I hibernate. I take long naps right smack dab in the middle of the day. I take long, hot, luxuruious bubble baths and doze off in the evening. Then I sit and eat ice cream straight from the half gallon sized container...straight from the container, I tell you, which is something I never allow anyone else to do...


But in 25 minutes it will be February 1...and time to buckle down and get to work. No more putting off trimming the little sheepie feet (Taffy has just got to get done before she's too big to flip over.) No more looking at empty shelves where lotions or soaps should be sitting. No more ignoring the bags of wool that need washing, carding, and spinning...


No...in 25...wait, 23 minutes it will be a work day.


Unless I go to bed right now...then perhaps I can get just a few more hours sleep before that four letter W word slips back into my vocabulary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's my idea of a vacation! Sounds heavenly. Hope your transition back to "W" is a smooth one. E-less

Beemoosie said...

Don't forget us now that it's back to "W" time! Take pictures of what you do...share all the fun with us! Just think of it as one big blogging experience...ok I'm not well this morning...I'll fade out now...

Nancy Jo said...

Hi Tracy,
First, thankyou so much for all your nice comments on my blog, you always have something nice to say.
You deserves to have a JAN. break, someone that has all the things to do that you do needs a little time off. If I come to visit in Jan. I will make sure to go potty before I get to your house. HA.
Walter IS a cutie, and so is his name.
NANCY JO