Sunday, January 28, 2007

A beautiful day in the valley




Have you ever gotten out of bed and thought that the day is just too beautiful? That's what it was like here in the valley this morning. Sure, it was cold and there was frost on the ground...but, oh! It was bright and clear and just so darned pretty.


My neighbors are out of town for a couple of weeks, and they call on me to feed when ever they're gone. With the morning so bright and lovely, I just had to pack along my camera! Here are their two girls out frolicking in the trees. Well, perhaps frolicking isn't the correct term. Protesting that I wasn't there at day break, and that I had the nerve to taunt them and make them prance about for a photo shoot instead of feeding them is more like it!


Remember my posting about Pepper? Well, his mamma was over on this side of the state this weekend, so I drove down to meet her for lunch. After that, I headed off to see the nameless filly (who's paperwork from the BLM is nearly complete!) Silly girl had managed to get her halter off last night, so Steve had to haul out his lariat and rope her! I think he was concerned that it would all be too traumatic for her (um...or me...), but it wasn't. Not for either one of us.

So Nameless once again has her halter on her.

And that's about it. I made a frozen pizza for myself for dinner as Darling said she didn't really want anything (she'll likely make herself some frozen mac and cheese later), and the Boys are both working. If I could figure out how to work the TV, I'd watch something...but since I can't, I guess I'll just go take a bath...

No comments: