Friday, February 2, 2007

At Least Five Servings a Day...



Don't you hate when you go to the doctor's office and they make you fill out those revealing forms; the ones that ask you all sorts of personal questions such as "How much coffee do you drink a day?" Thankfully, I'm not a coffee drinker. However, it was recently pointed out to me that perhaps they were really more interested in how much caffeine I was consuming a day. Hmmm...now that's a different question entirely.

I don't think of myself as a consumer of caffiene, especially since I gave up my breakfast Pepsi. What? You've never heard of breakfast Pepsi? Well, as I tell others, just think of it as cold coffee. But better tasting. However, I went cold turkey on the breakfast Pepsi when I decided to lose weight. Now I only drink hot chocolate, which of course is good for me.

I've found the most delectable, double rich and chocolately hot chocolate mix recently. It says to add four heaping tablespoons, which I do, and...oh, hush, City Boy! (He's insisting that I heap it to the point of being well over two tablespoons; but since I fit it all onto one spoon, I believe it to be one heaping instead of two...) The point being, it's super delish hot chocolate! Which, of course, being a fruit, is good for me.

No, really, it is a fruit! Chocolate comes from the cocoa bean, which some mistake for a vegetable, but in reality it's a fruit. Fruits bear their seeds on the inside, unlike vegetables who's seeds are on the outside (think carrot.) Which means that chocolate is a fruit.

And what does the doctor tell us? To eat at least five servings of fruit a day. So heap up that tablespoon of hot chocolate mix and be sure to consume plenty all the day long....

No comments: